Monday, February 16, 2015

The Secret Garden by Burnett Review

The Secret GardenThe Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett


This is a great book for kids and adults. It gave me exactly what I would expect from a kid's classic. It has a dual nature. Kids can appreciate it at its face value--an interesting story with intriguing characters. Adults can take in the deeper message, Burnett's attack on English classism.

I enjoyed this book a great deal. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend it to anyone. I read The Secret Garden for the PrettyBooks’s Classics Challenge. The requirements of the challenge are to read one classic a month, review the book and answer specific questions. My Challenge blog is: http://linda2015classicschallenge.blo...


View all my reviews

WHEN I Discovered This Classic
I discovered this classic a few months ago.  I wanted to read a children’s classic, so I did some research on the internet to find a title.  This one was available at the library, so I chose it.

WHAT Makes It A Classic
This book is wonderful for kids.  It has an interesting storyline and intriguing characters, but it also has something to say to adults about the class, religion, nature and healing. 

WHY I Chose to Read It
I wanted to read something that I could read with my kids.  I have one child who loves gardening, so I thought he might like this one.

WILL It Stay A Classic
My son confirms that it is still interesting to kids.

WHO I’d Recommend It To
I would recommend it to any child and adults who have an interest in children’s literature.

No comments:

Post a Comment