Monday, March 30, 2015

The Pearl by John Steinbeck REVIEW

Review
People who love Steinbeck seem to think that this isn't a sampling of his best, but I was certainly impressed.  The writing is wonderful and the story is simple with universal themes.


WHEN I Discovered This Classic
I recently discovered this book.  It was added to my library's ebook collection, so I put it on hold.  When it became available I borrowed it, and read it. I wasn't aware of it before I saw added as a new book to the library's collection

WHAT Makes It A Classic
This is a book commonly taught in middle school and highschool.  It is very accessible as a way to introduce how an author can use symbolism. There is a great deal of teaching material available for this book.

WHY I Chose to Read It
free

WILL It Stay A Classic
Yes.  The book is beautifully written and involves universal themes.  Teachers can dig in, because every character represents a sin or temptation, etc.

WHO I’d Recommend It To
I'd recommend this to anyone who likes good writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment